Our major audit client is subject to a number of external regulator reviews from the FRC (AQR), QAD and PCAOB and, internally, the firm conducts annual audit quality monitoring (Practice Review) across all of the firm’s audit work.
In the continually changing and strengthening audit regulatory environment, improving audit quality is a key strategic priority for the firm’s leadership who are supporting a significant investment in their newly established audit quality improvement Team within the audit quality directorate. This is a role where the individual can have a real impact in helping the firm to improve audit quality.
They are seeking to recruit a senior project manager with responsibilities for the oversight and management of project delivery and for oversight of administration for the Practice Review (PR) team. The successful candidate will have proven audit experience and a real interest in audit quality as well as an ability to communicate with partners and staff at all levels.
The practice review process covers reviews of approximately 100 completed audits per annum and other reviews of other assurance engagements. There are currently eight dedicated team members, and this is due to double in the next 12 months.
- Project managing the Practice Reviews from selection of audits and allocation to reviewers and keeping a detailed tracker of the status of each review, monitoring milestones, chasing review and audit teams and ensuring that the Practice Review team are updated on progress.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with partners and audit teams being reviewed and with the review teams.
- Maintaining and developing the technical tools (excel based Monitoring Tool and Power BI reporting) that is used to schedule annual reviews and to collate and report on audit quality information arising from the reviews (collation of findings and analysis of results)
- Liaising with the dedicated SSC Hub team to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information uploaded to the Monitoring Tool
- Secure appropriate administration and technical support from the Audit Quality Improvement Team as is necessary and appropriate
- Support the PR team in preparing information for reporting to the firm’s executives, oversight committees, regulators and to the global firm
- Introduce, manage and/or oversee operational processes ensuring consistency, efficiency and best practice. This will extend to ensuring that the PR team has documented its quality management processes and arrangements as needed
- ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification
- Experience of successfully managing multiple projects
- Strong networking skills and ability to develop strong rapports with key stakeholders.
- Experience of designing analytics and using the data to help drive change.
- Has a good knowledge of the UK auditing standards and an interest in improving audit quality
- Excellent project management skills. Ability to highlight conflicting priorities and develops solutions to deliver desired results and to ensure team deliverables are achieved.
- A high level of analytical, interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to proactively apply your skills to help embed processes and controls.
- As this role will involve analysing audit quality findings and best practice experience as audit manager/senior manager on audits is preferrable
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small team and able to use own initiative, developing ideas to produce workable and appropriate solutions. Challenges current practice where appropriate