Our audit client is seeking an experienced audit manager with a passion for audit quality to join their audit quality improvement team.
The key requirement for the role is an excellent ability to lead the analysis and monitoring of audit quality indicators, to report on outliers and findings that will in turn lead to the identification of actions for the audit quality improvement team.
The role will involve working closely across the audit quality improvement team to assist in the production and analysis of financial and non-financial indicators used to monitor the audit stream.
Alongside ad hoc tasks and responsibilities, there are the following specific elements of the role which are explained further below:
Oversight and review of the compilation of monthly and quarterly Audit Quality Indicators Dashboards Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on Audit Quality Milestones and Audit Quality Indicators
Key elements of the role:
Audit Quality Indicators are metrics related to the audit stream that by their nature impact on the Quality of Audit work performed. One such example is training data by grade or employee type.
Audit Quality Milestones help the firm monitor audit quality and identify where improvements in audit quality and/or the system of quality management (such as controls, policies and procedures) may be needed as well as help evaluate that system.
- Oversee the performance of regular checks and data verification on the relevant databases and systems to identify, investigate and correct inconsistencies
- Produce regular and ad hoc reports for internal and external stakeholders including regulators
- Analyse data used to identify audited entities for enhanced support
- Obtain analysis for benchmarking data
- Provide information and analysis on request for the small number of Directors and Managers in the team
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the reporting functionality from the relevant databases and systems
- Review the production of monthly and quarterly key Audit Quality Indicators reporting dashboards
- Monitor compliance with the Audit Quality Milestones, investigate outliers and non-compliance and report on findings
- Monitor Audit Quality Indicators, investigate those that may indicate quality concerns, and report on findings
- External audit experience
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal parties in the Audit Stream including senior individuals
- Ability to work with highly confidential information
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Take personal responsibility and accountability for own work
- Have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small team and be able to use own initiative
- Excellent project management and organising skills – able to prioritise multiple tasks effectively and cope well under the pressure of deadlines
- IT literate with an excellent knowledge of Excel and experience of manipulating large volumes of data