Our client is seeking to recruit a Senior Manager to join their audit quality practice.
The role is focused on the Insurance sector and involves development of audit methodology for audit of insurance entities under current accounting standards as well as IFRS 17.
In this challenging and rewarding role you will be responsible for:
- Providing advice and ensuring compliance with ISAs and the firm’s audit methodology
- Enhancements to the audit methodology and creation of methodologies in line with the firm’s methodology and industry developments in evolving areas
- Responding to audit methodology queries from audit staff at all levels (email, telephone or in person)
- Sharing industry developments with audit partners and directors
- Ensuring that insurance audit methodology remains in line with best practice and the expectations of clients and the FRC.
- Ad hoc methodology related assignments
- Writing and updating guidance material
- Development and delivery of audit methodology training content
- Provision of support for the development and delivery of ‘group learning sessions’ which are led by partners and managers in the audit stream.
- Carrying out targeted file reviews to identify areas of best practice and areas requiring further audit guidance.
- Forward looking and pre-emptive consideration of upcoming developments and business needs identified in relation to auditor reporting and audit methodology.
- Responsibilities for working on specific projects intended to result in new or enhanced guidance, training, and other materials for dissemination to the audit stream.
- ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification
- Considers themselves an expert with regards to the UK auditing standards
- Significant practical insurance audit experience
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small team and able to use own initiative.
- Ability to think outside the box and pioneer in using existing methodology and best practice to independently develop methodology for current and future business models.
- Wide-ranging practical experience regarding application of ISAs and audit methodology is essential; experience in IT auditing techniques would be an added advantage.
- High attention to detail
- Experience of training design, development, and delivery
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
- As this role will involve training and coaching peers and will involve reviews of audit files, experience as audit manager is essential.