If you currently working in banking audit in the big 4 , fed up with burning the midnight oil ,passionate about audit quality and focussed on the “big audit quality picture” then consider this oustanding opportunity.
This audit quality/methodology role is focused on the banking sector which includes banks, lending institutions, start-ups and fintech. This will include all elements of the audit including expected credit losses, fair values, and hedge accounting, managing and supporting with the delivery of key audit methodology projects
As experts on a wide number of issues, our clients audit quality practice provides support to their specialists in audit/assurance and other business streams.
From being on-hand to help with complex enquiries, to implementing and advising on policy and processes, the audit quiality team are the people tasked with finding solutions to some of their teams’ most complex technical issues.
As part of this supportive and knowledgeable team, you’ll have a chance to use and develop your technical skills and experience, find solutions to technical queries, and contribute daily to the firm’s commitment to deliver high quality output.
You’ll help deliver accurate and transparent reporting to all relevant stakeholders as you provide long term value.
This is an opportunity for talented, high performing and ambitious Senior Manager to join the Methodology team in an exciting period and help to shape the role and the expanding team.
You will report into the Methodology Partner and work closely with Audit Advisory Directors..
As part of the Audit team, providing advice and ensuring compliance with ISAs and the firm’s audit methodology including:
- Managing and supporting with the delivery of key audit methodology projects
- Responding to audit methodology queries from audit staff at all levels (email, telephone or in person)
- Sharing industry developments with audit partners and directors
- Ensuring that banking audit methodology remains in line with best practice and the expectations of the FRC
- Ad hoc methodology related assignments
- Writing and updating guidance material
- Development and delivery of audit methodology training content
- Provision of support for the development and delivery of ‘group learning sessions’ which are led by partners and managers in the audit stream
- Carrying out targeted file reviews to identify areas of best practice and areas requiring further audit guidance
The SM will have responsibilities for forward looking and pre-emptive consideration of upcoming developments and business needs identified in relation to audit methodology.
You will also have responsibilities for working on specific projects intended to result in new or enhanced guidance, training and other materials for dissemination to the audit stream.
Qualifications and technical knowledge
- ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification
- Considers themselves an expert with regards to the UK auditing standards
- Significant current hands on practical banking experience including IFRS 9 ECL
- Currently working in banking audit at SM or Manager(2 to 3 yrs exp at Manager grade) level or within an audit quaility role with banking sector expertise.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small team and able to use own initiative
- Ability to think outside the box and pioneer in using existing methodology and best practice to independently develop methodology for current and future business models
- Wide-ranging practical experience regarding application of ISAs and audit methodology is essential; experience in IT auditing techniques would be an added advantage
- High attention to detail
- Experience of training design, development and delivery
- Strong problem solving skills
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work
- As this role will involve training and coaching peers and will involve reviews of audit files, experience as audit manager is essential