Our client’s shipping team is a market-leading team with a wealth of shipping knowledge and expertise. Their shipping clients are at the heart of everything they do. They rely on them for the full range of accounting, audit and advisory services as well as trusting them with fully outsourced services.
Their clients include financial institutions, charterers, operators, ports and port agents, brokers, managers, investors, and a whole range of other organisations involved in shipping. The extent of their clients’ trust in them is demonstrated by a net book value of vessels acted for in London that exceeds US$10 billion.
If you are passionate about the shipping sector, then our client has two excellent openings at senior managerial level to join their market leading team in London. Given their excellent reputation and history in the sector they can offer genuine career progress and a people focused culture.
• Act as audit lead on a range of Shipping clients reporting to the partner
• Responsible for leading and directing all aspects of audit services delivered
• Responsible for maximising profitability from a portfolio of clients and taking responsibility for budgeting, WiP control and billing
• Support Partners in group sales and marketing activity, including, attendance at group networking, and other marketing events as appropriate
• Engage with clients directly on technical and audit judgement decisions
• ACA/ACCA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent
• Significant experience of delivering audit and other assurance services to major clients, including listed (full list and AIM) clients and clients with international interests.
• Excellent working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
• Managing and developing staff (not only audit teams), i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc.
• Business development experience- able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work.
• Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework..
• 28 days’ holiday;
• access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
• life assurance cover;
• and income protection insurance.
Additional Flexible Benefits
• buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
• add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
• enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
• enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
• receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
• access childcare vouchers;
• take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.