Our clients’ dedicated public sector assurance team in East Anglia operate across the whole region from bases in Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk and London, servicing clients in those locations, as well as Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Sussex and Surrey.
Their public sector clients include an extensive range of NHS, local and central government organisations, including the police and fire services. These vary in size, from £50 million to £2.2 billion gross expenditure per annum, and in technical complexity.
You’ll be joining as an essential member within a team that is vital to the firm. Primarily, you’ll be responsible for dealing with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and, on occasions, the wider firm.
• Act as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the Partner.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with clients at senior levels, being a principal point of contact throughout the year. Develop a strong commercial understanding of the clients’ businesses.
• Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities with new clients, and inform the Partner as appropriate.
• Act as an ambassador of the firm, participates in office marketing events, keeps abreast of the wide range of service the firm offers.
• Recruit, retain, develop and motivate our employees, which includes participating in graduate recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees.
• Complete assignments within agreed budgets and timescales and identify opportunities for additional billings.
When you join them, they will make your growth their priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, they can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
• ACCA/ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent.
• Previous experience of managing people.
• Good working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
• Working knowledge of financial products, firm services, issues regarding advice and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
• Experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures.
• Project Management experience.
• 28 days’ holiday;
• access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
• life assurance cover;
• and income protection insurance.
Through their flexible benefits platform you can also
• buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
• add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
• enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
• enjoy discounts off dining, and gyms;
• receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
• take an online health assessment and utilise their employee assistance programme.