Our client is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. They are an independent member of one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
They understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why their people-focused culture means they value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients, and communities.
Their specialist not for profit team is multi-disciplinary and includes audit, accounting, tax, risk management, evaluation, governance, and consultancy specialists as well as grants specialists. We work with charities, social housing providers and education providers.
They are looking for an ambitious Senior Audit Manager with a passion for the not-for-profit sector to join their award-winning team. You will be joining the leading firm of auditors to the sector committed to delivering a quality service to a high-profile portfolio of clients.
The role will involve working with a variety of charities, social housing providers and/or education providers, together with other not for profit organisations from start-ups to well established, prestigious clients within the sector (including INGOs, grant makers, schools, academies, membership organisations, professional bodies and social housing providers), many of whom are top 100 charities or household names.
This is a great opportunity for anyone that is looking to specialise and grow within the sector. You will be working alongside experienced partners in a dynamic and growing team, within a supportive and approachable environment. Your role will be challenging and varied, and you will be encouraged to take on responsibilities and offered excellent opportunities to quickly develop and progress further within the firm.
Responsible for co-ordinating their team, and for managing projects and multiple assignments in a timely and effective manner.
- Managing a portfolio of external audit clients to deliver a year round service including building and maintaining strong working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Managing a number of audit teams and ensuring planned work is completed within the agreed budget and timescales from planning through to completion.
- Act as a principal contact for your clients through the year delivering a proactive service.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines taking responsibility for your work and multi-tasking in an organised manner. You must time plan your own work and client appointments.
- Preparation and presentation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees/Boards.
- Direct, coach and mentor audit teams to assist them in the delivery of engagements.
- Be proactive in Business Development activities and developing, maintaining and monitoring your own network.
- Involvement in proposals and presentations for new work.
- Potential for involvement in the provision of wider assurance services to clients.
- Participate in team and firm wide activities and training opportunities.
Technical skills, experience & knowledge:
- Qualified ACA, ICAS or ACCA or equivalent.
- A good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards.
- Knowledge and experience of audits in the non profit sector.
- Strong people management skills enabling you to support, coach and mentor more junior colleagues.
About our client
Our client is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities, and each other.
Their vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of their clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
They offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition, you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
Here you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return they can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus, an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
They are committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. They value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to their organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance, and merit.
They want to create the best environment for their staff to thrive. They recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to their working environment and are happy to discuss with you further.