Our client is a growing tier 2 audit firm and this role is likely to suit an experienced audit manager (min 2 years) or senior manager looking for career progression and a wider client portfolio including PIE’s ,listed entities and international groups.
As a senior manager you will lead teams on a range of audit assignments. This role is focussed on corporate entities (not FS), with international and domestic companies and groups as well as listed business making up a large part of the client portfolio.
We have worked with our client for a number of years and their culture and work/life balance is second to none and can confirm that is a great place to work and develop your career.
- To perform audits from planning, fieldwork & completion within agreed budget for the assignment, taking on responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment.
- Demonstrate importance of meeting clients’ needs and takes responsibility for ensuring the delivery of high-quality work that exceeds clients’ expectations.
- Supports the project management of the audit and monitors and implements improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness without compromising quality.
- Direct, coach and mentor audit teams to assist them in the delivery of engagements.
- Identifies where consultation is required and leads discussions with technical, the client, the team and other specialists and provides a potential solution to enable appropriate evaluation and review.
- To adhere to deadlines, including prompt notification to the partner where problems are likely to arise or as they arise on each assignment.
- Identify where other experts in the firm can provide relevant services to respond to client business needs – taking the initiative in making relevant introductions as necessary.
- Manage work in progress and billing on client assignments.
- Preparation and presentation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees/Boards.
- Be proactive in Business Development activities and grow, maintain and monitor your own network.
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably required.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Strong technical knowledge of auditing and different accounting standards
- Able to provide practical, proactive business advice for clients, while recommending innovative solutions regarding specific challenges to a Partner
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of business cycle controls, recognising the audit risks and business implications where controls are absent, ineffective, or inefficient.
- Experience in working with complex groups, reporting structures and liaising with component auditors.
- ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS, ICAI, AICPA is essential.
Our client offers a £competitive market based salary + bonus, excellent benefits including agile working, salary/holiday swap and further career progression.