Working in the business restructuring team of this global firm this role will be focused on advisory work with some formal insolvency(mainly administrations) .
The team works on a wide variety of dynamic projects and the you will receive exposure to a large number of assignments across both the advisory team and to a lesser extent the insolvency team. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking for a constant variety of challenges.
Alongside this you will continue to develop your existing relevant technical and accountancy knowledge through on-the-job experience and a variety of training opportunities.
- The role requires strong financial analysis skills with the successful candidate able to identify and investigate key issues in a restructuring scenario, challenging information provided where appropriate. Excellent excel skills and an ability to undertake accurate and relevant analysis and interrogate financial models are essential.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing draft Independent Business Reviews and other written output for review and therefore the ability to produce high quality documents/ presentations that are capable of meeting stakeholder expectation is also required.
- In addition the successful candidate will be able to quickly build up a strong rapport with management in often difficult and highly pressured circumstances.
- The role will provide an opportunity to work with an experienced partner-led team with exposure to a wide range of assignments and industries.
• Assume day to day responsibility for smaller projects and distinct elements of larger projects across all stages
• Support senior members of the team to deliver on a range of assignments, as well as guide junior colleagues
• Review, compile and analyse company information
• Undertake financial analysis and prepare financial models
• Maintain a thorough understanding of statutory and compliance processes and deadlines
• Strong awareness of relevant risk issues and mitigants
• Highlight potential problems to senior staff quickly (with supporting information)
• Attend meetings with a range of stakeholders
• Liaise with other relevant professional advisers and other stakeholders
• Assist in the sale of businesses/ assets
• Deal with correspondence effectively and efficiently
• Undertake high level investigations
• Be involved in the marketing of the firm’s services to potential clients and work providers
• Perform other relevant duties and responsibilities as delegated
• Hold a relevant professional qualification (ICAEW/ ACCA) or overseas equivalent, with an appropriate amount of experience
• An insolvency qualification is desirable, but not essential
• Up to date understanding of regulatory and statutory requirements
• Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and IPS
• Excellent written and numerical skills
• Good organisational skills to manage your time and ensure no tasks are overlooked
• Have a willingness to learn new things and thrive on new challenges
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player