Our clients dedicated public sector assurance team in East Anglia operate across the whole region from bases in Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridge, and London, servicing public sector organisations in those areas as well as Essex, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Sussex, and Surrey.
Their public sector audit entities include an extensive range of NHS, local and central government organisations, including the police and fire services. These vary in size, from £50 million to £2.2 billion gross expenditure per annum, and in technical complexity.
The Audit Director will be one of the most senior members of the team and will contribute to strategic planning and direction setting, in support of the Partners. This will include both audit entity and people management, and there will be a requirement to continue developing technical knowledge and skills.
Key Audit Partner status must be obtained, if not already held.
You’ll be encouraged to identify and draw attention to opportunities for enhancing the delivery and the quality of the work they do.
Ideally you will have the following skill sets:
- ACA/ICAS/ACCA/CIPFA qualified
- Clear and demonstrable commitment to Audit Quality
- Previous Senior Manager in practice or currently a director with ambition to develop the role strategically with a view to progression to Partner
- Working knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP, the Local Government Code of Audit Practice and the NHS Group Accounting Manual and Financial Reporting requirements
- Significant experience of delivering audit and other assurance services to public sector entities, major local audits
- Managing and developing staff (not only audit teams), i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc.
- Business Development experience – able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work and significantly increase profits
- Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework
- Able to demonstrate the development of sector
- Either a strong sector, or other technical or commercial, focus
- Specific or specialist technical skills – e.g. use of resources assessment