Our client’s advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. We are helping them hire a senior manager with a thorough working knowledge of sell-side and/or buy-side corporate finance advisory activities.
This leading advisory firm has an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of their clients’ affairs.
The teamwork across strategy, operations, and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package.
When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world’s most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
Leading organisations trust them because of the quality of their advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with them and building long-lasting relationships.
You’ll be both comfortable working proactively and managing your own tasks, as well as confident collaborating with others and communicating regularly with senior managers, directors, and partners to help businesses effectively. You’ll be encouraged to identify and draw attention to opportunities for enhancing their delivery and providing additional services to organisations they work with.
A Senior Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage the delivery of projects on a day-to-day basis, and to build sustainable and profitable external and internal client relationships. You will have a good understanding of, and experience in, the field of corporate finance for both buy-side and sell-side work, involving private and public companies, owner-managed businesses, and private equity houses. You will also have developed sector knowledge.
- Project manage client engagements, which includes determining the project scope and resource requirements, monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to Partner and Director review.
- Scope, prepare and review reports, information memoranda and documents using Word and PowerPoint
- Scope, prepare and review financial models using Excel
- Contribute to the management of the project team on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist the Partner, Director and Assistant Directors in the development of existing and new service stream methodologies.
- Contribute to the successful development of the client relationship
- Promote knowledge sharing within the team and facilitating research and development within the chosen stream.
- Ensure client feedback is captured, addressed, and effectively communicated to the project manager/director.
- Build sustainable relationships with clients and take responsibility for delivering answers to clients in most cases.
- Support the conversion of opportunities into chargeable work, including pitch participation.
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities and inform the project director or partner as appropriate.
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events and keeping abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers.
- Support recruitment, retention, development, training, and motivation of employees within the Corporate Finance team.
- Seek and act on feedback.
- Deliver honest and timely feedback to executives
You’ll be someone with:
- Thorough working knowledge of sell-side and/or buy-side corporate finance advisory activities
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), or relevant work experience.
- Previous staff supervision or management experience.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word and Excel.
- For those involved in plc activities, a developing knowledge of relevant regulatory regimes.
You’ll be able to be yourself; our client recognises and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. They are committed to agile working, and we offer every colleague the opportunity to work in ways that suit you, your teams, and the task at hand.
They will help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and they have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.