Our client has over 2,500 people in 10 offices across Ireland, the Isle of Man, Gibraltar, and Bermuda, with a presence in over 130 countries around the world, and a global network of over 62,000 people
We are working with the head of FS tax to help hire a Financial Services Tax Director and potential future partner to join their rapidly growing Financial Services tax team.
As financial services tax director, you will be responsible for presenting solutions to increasingly complex technical issues, demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge of financial services tax to develop solutions to complex technical issues and manage a team in demanding assignments on a day-to-day basis.
Excellent growth opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the team. This position attracts a competitive remuneration package and is a great opportunity to help drive growth in a fast-growing team, with excellent career progression potential.
- Manage a team providing financial services tax services to a broad range of clients in a variety of financial services sectors such as asset management, banking, securitisation, aviation finance and leasing, insurance and fintech.
- Provide support to clients’ transactions, compliance obligations and assess their tax strategies.
- Manage the implementation of a number of different advisory and compliance projects at any one time, including meeting deadlines, prioritization and billings.
- Contribute to the financial services tax team’s growth and development by proactively managing existing clients and identifying potential opportunities to undertake additional/new client work.
Skills and attributes:
- ATT/ACA/ACCA or CTA qualified.
- Minimum 7 years’ post qualification experience of working in financial services tax department either in industry or professional services.
- Strong technical knowledge and proven ability to identify opportunities for clients and grow our financial services tax offering.
- Capable of working on your own initiative.
- Ability to build trusted relationships with clients and the team.
- Proven business development skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential together with proven people development skills to support the development of the more junior staff