Our clients’ financial reporting advisory team is seeking a manager to work on technical reviews of a portfolio of annual reports of publicly traded and other higher risk companies, working with the audit team to confirm compliance with financial reporting standards, company legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Work with Managers, Directors, and Partners within both the technical practice, the audit stream and across the wider firm
- Maintain and encourage an open and constructive environment in which to provide technical support and advice.
- Bring pre-existing technical knowledge and experience to the FRA team and contribute to all output areas.
- Provide support and supervision to the more junior team members.
The individual will support the FRA Directors and Senior Managers, ultimately reporting to the Firm’s technical partner and will be responsible for:
- Technical review of a personal portfolio of annual reports of publicly traded and other higher risk companies, working with the audit team to confirm compliance with financial reporting standards, company legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Working with the Directors and Senior Managers to provide clear and practical solutions to technical financial reporting queries.
- Assisting in the preparation and presentation of internal financial reporting training, updates, and seminars
- Writing articles and other materials on financial reporting matters for internal communications
- Monitoring external developments in specific financial reporting areas, reporting back to the team and working with the Senior Managers to develop an appropriate action plan where required.
The role would be particularly suited to an individual with experience of working within the technical department of another major firm of accountants, or an auditor with a strong technical aptitude who is looking to move into a technical role.
- ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent
- Previously a Manager or Assistant Manager in a technical team or have other relevant experience in technical financial reporting, for example within audit
- Insurance or asset management experience preferred.
- Have some practical experience of performing reviews of annual reports. Experience of listed company annual reports is desirable.
- Exhibit a working knowledge and awareness of:
- IFRSs, UK GAAP, and the Companies Act
- the wider financial reporting environment
- Demonstrate an ability to apply technical knowledge to complex financial reporting issues.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills, with an ability to build productive relationships.
- Be willing to work as part of a close-knit team and as a self-directed individual.
- Be highly motivated and proactive.
- Have a genuine desire to continue to develop their financial reporting skillset and knowledge.