Our client, a leading mid-tier firm is seeking to hire an audit partner to join the partnership in the northwest of England to help lead the audit practice on a range of primarily mid range and large private companies with some listed entities in the portfolio.
You will be responsible for overseeing and directing the activities of audit team and be the key relationship contact with the client and ensure that the client receives a high-quality service.
As an external audit partner, you will have ultimate responsibility for signing off the audit reports produced at the end of the statutory audit process on behalf of the partnership.
You will also be responsible for managing and retaining existing clients as well as engaging new clients.
- Effectively manage a portfolio of clients
- Develop new client relationships to ensure business growth.
- Plan and manage audit procedures, ensuring they are completed by the set deadline.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about company standards, policies and regulations.
- Provide feedback reports and recommendations on findings and improvements.
- Address client concerns
- Monitor budget and WIP on assignments.
- Oversee and sign off audits.
- Hire new employees and select audit teams for client engagements.
- ACA, CPA, ACCA or equivalent qualification
- RI Status and a focus on audit quality
- At least 10 years of UK experience in external audit and most recently be operating at Audit Director + level.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of accounting standards and principles
- Solid leadership and people management skills
- High sense of integrity and professionalism
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Equity / Competitive drawdown and bonus /profit share scheme
- Partnership opportunity
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Superb range of benefits and culture.