Our client in the Midlands is a leading restructuring firm and we are helping them hire an Associate Director to work on a wide range of primarily advisory engagements.
Given the structure of the team there is ample scope to progress to Director in the short term and our client would consider individuals from a transaction services(FDD) background as well as restructuring.
The business restructuring team works on a wide variety of dynamic projects and you will receive exposure to a large number of assignments across primarily advisory in nature.
- The role requires strong financial analysis skills with the successful candidate able to identify and investigate key issues in a restructuring scenario, challenging information provided where appropriate.
- Excellent excel skills and an ability to undertake accurate and relevant analysis and interrogate financial models are essential.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing independent business reviews and other advisory assignemnets and therefore the ability to produce high quality documents/ presentations that are capable of meeting stakeholder expectation.
- In addition the successful candidate will be able to quickly build up a strong rapport with management in often difficult and highly pressured circumstances.
- The role will provide an opportunity to work with an experienced partner-led team with exposure to a wide range of assignments and industries.
- Assume day to day responsibility for a range of projects or distinct elements of larger projects across all stages
- Support the lead partner, to deliver on complex assignments, as well as guide junior colleagues
- Review, compile and robustly analyse company information
- Undertake financial analysis and prepare financial models
- Maintain a thorough understanding of statutory and compliance processes and deadlines
- Strong awareness of relevant risk issues and mitigants
- Escalate appropriate risk matters to senior staff quickly (with supporting information)
- Attend meetings with a range of stakeholders
- Liaise with other relevant professional advisers and other stakeholders
- Assist in the sale of businesses/ assets
- Deal with correspondence effectively and efficiently
- Undertake high level investigations
- Be involved in the marketing of the firm’s services to potential clients and work providers
- Perform other relevant duties and responsibilities as delegated
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge or experience of restructuring or TS advisory work is essential.
- Hold a relevant professional qualification (ICAEW/ ACCA), with an appropriate amount of advisory work
- An insolvency qualification is desirable, but not essential
- Up to date understanding of regulatory and statutory requirements
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and IPS
- Excellent written and numerical skills
- Good organisational skills to manage your time and ensure no tasks are overlooked
- Have a willingness to learn new things and thrive on new challenges
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player