With over 250 specialists in financial services, our clients’ FS team are essential, not just to the firm, but to the whole economy. By providing quality assurance to their clients, across the financial services industry, they help to ensure the continuing stability and authenticity of the financial markets. From small start-ups to large international organisations and FTSE 250 companies, it’s their expertise that enables their clients to succeed, no matter what their business goals may be.
Driven and ambitious by nature, when you join this team, you’ll make a real and tangible difference – and play a critical part in accelerating our growth journey. If you’re searching for a unique challenge, in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, this is it. Discover a role that delivers all the training, coaching and development you need to succeed.
You’ll be joining as a vital member of this growing and dynamic team. They truly understand the issues their clients face and have a complete commitment to delivering exceptional client service.
As a Senior Manager in Scotland you will be responsible for servicing clients, directing all assurance services delivered, managing people and supporting the partners with business development and practice management.
• Act as audit lead on a range of financial services clients. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more) managers
• Responsible for leading and directing all aspects of audit services delivered
• Responsible for maximising profitability from a portfolio of clients and taking responsibility for budgeting, WiP control and billing
• Support Partners in group sales and marketing activity, including playing a leading role in client pitch teams, attendance at group networking, and other marketing events as appropriate
• Contribute to development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity. This will include winning work by targeting new clients
Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business
• Engage with clients directly on technical and audit judgement decisions
• ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent
• Significant experience of auditing within the financial services sector including clients within one or more of the asset management, capital markets and insurance sectors
• Knowledge of the CASS rules and experience of client money and assets audits, reporting to the FCA.
• Excellent working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements
• Managing and developing staff (not only audit teams), i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc.
• Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework
Our client believes that when their people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. They offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that their pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, they also provide the following benefits, as standard:
• 28 days’ holiday;
• access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
• life assurance cover;
• and income protection insurance.
Through their fexible benefits platform you can also:
• buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
• add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
• enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
• enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
• receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
• access childcare vouchers;
• take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.