Our client is looking to further invest in the growth of its audit quality team by appointing a new senior manager to perform “hot reviews” of audits.
As a member of this team, you will be part of developing a high priority service within their business, with a real opportunity to add value and shape the way the firm embeds quality within their culture and creates a high-quality service for their clients.
To successfully deliver this role, team members will need to demonstrate technical excellence, an ability to constructively challenge and integrity.
On a day-to-day basis you will be working closely with the audit teams and engagement quality review partners to perform “hot reviews” of audits. This will involve applying excellent technical skills, while developing strong relationships quickly, where you can deliver challenging messages in a positive and confident way.
You will challenge the execution of audit procedures and documentation of audit work performed, whilst supporting and coaching teams to implement identified improvements in audit quality.
You will identify issues and matters where firm-wide action may be required, as well as other adhoc projects related to improving audit quality.
As the team grows it will also lend support to the legal team, deliver training alongside the audit standards team, and support the firm during FRC inspections.
- You’ll hold a professional accountancy qualification (ACA, CA or ACCA)
- Experience in audit, audit quality control and/or audit inspection
- In depth knowledge of IFRS and/or UK GAAP
- Excellent insight and analytical skills so that you can evaluate a significant amount of information, understand the bigger picture, and identify what is important to ensure that high quality standards are achieved
- Highly motivated and passionate about audit quality with a desire to seek new ways to drive improvement
- A willingness to work flexibly both as part of a close-knit team and as a self-directed individual