This is a rare opportunity for an experienced senior manager with methodology development and guidance experience to join our client at Director level in an exciting period and help to shape the role and lead an expanding group of talented individuals.
Audit quality is central to our client’s strategy as an audit firm, the key ingredient to success. Consistent high audit quality enables them to attract, develop and retain talented people and be proud of their work.
Audit quality allows them to compete in the market and demonstrate that they can play a key role in market reform.
Consistently high audit quality does not happen by chance. It requires a mindset and culture of challenge and professional scepticism, appropriate resources both people and intellectual, investment in central support for engagement teams and technology solutions.
The work they do is underpinned by quality. They deliver audits which are trusted and transparent which can be relied upon by companies and their stakeholders.
You’ll be comfortable working pro-actively and, managing your own tasks, as well as confident collaborating with others and communicating regularly with Senior Managers, Directors, and Partners.
You’ll help deliver accurate and transparent reporting to all relevant stakeholders as you provide long term value.
You will report into the head of the technical practice and work closely with the audit advisory methodology partner and audit advisory directors.
As Director you will have responsibilities for forward looking and pre-emptive consideration of upcoming developments and business needs identified in relation to audit methodology and the audit software content.
The successful individual will have responsibilities for working on specific projects intended to result in new or enhanced guidance, training, and other materials for dissemination to the audit stream.
The role can be base anywhere in the UK.
- Working with other Directors and Partners within the technical practice to help manage and run the group.
- Responding to audit methodology queries and signing off methodology consults as appropriate in accordance with the ISQM1 framework.
- Working with other directors and senior managers to deliver methodology projects.
- Managing and developing staff i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, appraising, recruiting etc
As part of the Audit Advisory team, providing advice and ensuring compliance with ISAs (UK) and the firm’s audit methodology including:
- Managing and supporting with the delivery of key Audit Methodology Projects which entails guidance, support, proposed changes to the audit tool, audit manual and training.
- General Methodology projects which include writing and updating technical guidance and policies
- Responding to audit methodology queries from audit staff at all levels and performing second review on high-risk areas
- Development and delivery of audit methodology training content relevant to key methodology projects
- Representative for sectors which includes responding to sector specific queries, sector training and support with developing sector specific content.
- Provision of support for the development and delivery of ‘group learning sessions’ which are led by partners and managers in the audit stream.
- Clear and demonstrable commitment to Audit Quality
- ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification
- Experience of the development of audit methodology and guidance
- Most likely working in audit or audit quality with a UK top 10 firm at SM or Director level.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of several teams and able to use own initiative.
- Ability to think innovatively, using existing methodology and best practice to independently develop new methodology and guidance.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and present technical content to large and senior audiences.
- Experience of training design, development, and delivery
- Strong and practical problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to coach individuals and teams.