Our client is the technical team of a top 10 firm and experts on a wide number of issues, providing support to their client-facing specialists in audit and assurance and other business streams.
From being on-hand to help with complex enquiries, to implementing and advising on policy and processes, the technical team are the people tasked with finding solutions to some of the teams’ most complex technical issues.
As part of this supportive and knowledgeable team, you’ll have a chance to use and develop your technical skills and experience, find solutions to technical queries and contribute daily to the firm’s commitment to deliver high quality output.
We are helping them recruit an experienced Senior Manager their technical team which supports the audit stream. This will be focused on the Insurance sector. This will include all elements of the audit including revenue, impairment and confirmations.
The successful candidate will have significant experience in the audit of insurance entities, in managing an audit and audit-related projects, with exemplary technical skills regarding auditing standards and their practical application including experience in audit reporting matters.
The role will be primarily based in London although some visits to other offices may also be required. They can offer alternative base office locations of Manchester and Birmingham.
The work will involve:
- Developing and implementing enhancements to the audit methodology and creation of methodology in line with the firm’s methodology and industry developments in evolving areas
- Responding to audit methodology queries from audit staff at all levels (email, telephone or in person)
- Sharing industry developments with audit partners and directors
- Ensuring that banking audit methodology remains in line with best practice and the expectations of clients and the FRC
- Ad hoc methodology related assignments
- Writing and updating guidance material
- Development and delivery of audit methodology training content
- Provision of support for the development and delivery of ‘group learning sessions’ which are led by partners and managers in the audit stream
- Carrying out file reviews for the purposes of internal quality control or testing.
- ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification
- Considers themselves an expert with regards to the UK auditing standards
- Significant current hands on practical insurance experience.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small team and able to use own initiative