Our client is an accountancy and business advisory firm who are providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world. A key pillar of their firm wide strategy is built on a determination to lead with digital innovation and transforming their approach to audit.
Therefore, they are continuing to invest substantially in their data analytics proposition and innovating the way in which data is used to perform and support the delivery of professional services.
As a result of this investment, the data team within their Technology Risk Assurance team is growing rapidly and this role provides a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join them to help project manage the various client deliverables in their data approach. The team contains a rich diversity of talent and is due to continue to grow rapidly creating great opportunities for individuals to grow and flourish.
Their services are both assurance and advisory in nature, with most of the work at present being assurance, however, the number of advisory engagements is growing quickly and there will be opportunities for individuals to work on a broad range of engagements across multiple data analytics delivery solution pillars.
They have already built a number of those solutions in Alteryx, SQL, PowerBI, Azure Data Bricks and on the Qlikview platform and due to the overwhelming success of these, there is a clear need to expand our ability to co-ordinate our larger client delivery engagements, ensuring that we meet or manage the expectations of the audit team’s timetables.
This role is a semi technical role and will ideally suit a financial auditor with a strong interest in Audit Data Analytics and enjoys stakeholder engagement.
You will be joining a close, dynamic, and fast-growing team of experienced data analytics specialists and will be dealing with a range of different client delivery projects to determine priorities, focus minds and cohesively bring everything together.
Supporting the development and delivery of data analytics solutions by managing project activity:
- Engaging with the relevant stakeholders internally to scope an engagement and draw up scoping, timetable, and budget documentation.
- Conducting process mapping to understand the data flows within the areas to be tested using Audit Data Analytics and creating the appropriate data requests.
- Engaging with the relevant stakeholders internally and externally to co-ordinate the data gathering and ensuring that data extracted will meet the needs of the analytics procedures that support the audit approach.
- Updating internal portfolio management applications with progress and owning escalations where there are deviations from delivery plans.
- To provide regular and relevant information and prepare reports and presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- To work with other managers and co-ordinate resourcing needs whilst considering priorities.
- Designing and delivering stakeholder workshops with all levels of stakeholders that help convey understanding and promote the use of Audit Data Analytics on Audit Engagements.
- Produce and maintain clear, quality documentation that accurately, comprehensively, and consistently captures and articulates data requirements & process maps.
- Essential: Strong business analysis skills including a good grasp of financial accounting concepts and process mapping.
- Essential: An understanding of financial auditing and how Audit Data Analytics supports an audit approach.
- Essential: Good understanding of project management disciplines
- Essential: Ability to track multiple milestones on numerous engagements simultaneously.
- Desirable: and data analysis.
- Desirable: Knowledge of Data Analytics utilising Qlikview, Power BI or similar
- Desirable: Experience of working within a professional services firm environment.
- Desirable: Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
- Desirable: Proficient in MS Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Visio, Teams
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills with the ability to liaise with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Experienced in softer skills, including the political and cultural aspects of project management.
- Driven and pro-active work approach; team player, but able to work on own initiative and handle change or uncertainty with a tenacious problem-solving ability.
- A general enthusiasm for data and how it may be analysed and interpreted.
- Flexible workplace arrangements including working from home, or the office as needs dictate.
- Travel and collaborative opportunities across the UK when things return to ‘normal’.
- Part of a fast growing, friendly, innovative and dynamic team which is a key strategic investment for our client.
- A fantastic opportunity to have pivotal input into initiatives and direction where every voice matters.
- Clear accountability and recognition with the ability to work alongside stakeholders continuously.
- London or Birmingham preferred, but other locations considered if you are in the proximity of one of 17 offices, given the new ways of working. Travel to other offices and clients expected to be approximately once or twice a week.