Our tier 1 client has invested heavily in is audit quality group and is seeking to hire senior managers to work within its Quality Review & Support team. It is likely that you will be an audit senior manger or manager(min 2/3years experience) working within listed/PIE audit in either the FS or corporate sectors and have a keen interest in driving forward audit quaility.
In this role you will help the audit teams deliver high quality audits by performing targeted reviews on public interest entities (PIEs), challenging audits throughout the audit cycle, providing coaching and support to promote consistent high quality audits.
- Perform in-flight reviews of audits at every stage from planning through to completion and reporting, identifying ways to improve audit quality
- Determine areas of focus for reviews, liaising with the Team Director to agree approach
- Proactively discuss audit quality matters with teams and help develop strategies to deliver high audit quality audits
- Challenge the execution of audit procedures and documentation of audit work performed
- Support and coach teams to implement identified improvements in audit quality
- Identify issues and matters where firm-wide action may be required, in conjunction with the Director of the QRST
- Contribute to the development of training and guidance on performing high quality audits
- Provide clear and practical solutions to ad hoc audit quality queries
- Get the opportunity to contribute to the wider audit quality agenda by getting involved in a variety of audit quality initiatives lead by the wider Audit Quality Improvement team
You’ll be someone with:
- A Keen interest in Audit Quality – split roles will be considered
- Excellent practical and technical auditing experience particularly on more complex audits in either the corporate or FS sectors.
- Good working knowledge of IFRS
- Ability and willingness to assertively challenge and influence more senior individuals and peers
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively to identify ways to improve audit quality
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective project management
- Desirable: Experience of performing audit quality reviews (pre or post audit opinion)
- Desirable: IFRS9 or IFRS17 expertise for the FS sector roles.