Our client is an award winning top 10 firm with a fantastic culture and agile working with a wide range of clients spanning large private companies, listed(AIM) , NFP and the public sector.
This role provides the opportunity to play a key role for the firm by supporting the outstanding quality assurance director(tremendous person to work with) with AQR and the development of the annual assurance plan and its delivery, and preparation of the bi-annual quality assurance report.
The key responsibilities will be performing independent cold file reviews based on the approved annual quality assurance plan, discussing the findings with the responsible individuals, and scoring the audit files.
In addition, there will be delivery of other ad hoc quality assurance initiatives as determined by the Quality Assurance leadership.
You will work closely with the national audit quality team in ensuring timely identification of any audit deficiencies requiring their attention. This may extend to specific requests such as focused reviews which may be instructed by the regulators or audit leadership.
You may also be requested to provide input to the training teams in the form of examples of good/bad practice identified during the file reviews.
When dealing with quality matters there will inevitably be situations where the reviewer will need to constructively challenge engagement teams and adversely rate the audit files. Excellent technical knowledge (ISAs, IFRS, UK GAAP and applicable regulations), communication, and objectivity will therefore be key attributes in this role.
Building strong relationships with the client service delivery teams will ensure that any adverse findings are discussed in an objective and positive manner.
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA, CA or ACCA)
- Experience in audits up to manager level, and ideally audit quality assurance. (Not essential)
- Candidates currently overseas with audit quality experience in a big 4 firm will be considered and visa sponsorship is available for the right candidate.
- In depth knowledge of UK GAAP and/or IFRS as well as the ISAs
- Ability to review files focusing on identification of significant areas requiring attention, separating audit-specific from firmwide matters.
- Excellent intra-personal skills and ability to interact at all levels (including the firm’s senior audit leadership)
- Maintaining objectivity during challenging discussions on audit findings
- Passion for audit quality and continuous pursuit for improvement
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
In joining our client, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries, and flexible benefits. Plus, an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.