This is an opportunity for talented and technically strong(IFRS) Manager or Senior Manager to join the financial reporting advisory team of our long-standing client in an exciting period of growth.
The role reports into the FRA Partners and work closely with Directors and could suit a technically strong audit manager looking to move out of audit into a FRA role.
- Work with Managers, Directors, and Partners within both the technical practice, the audit stream and across the wider firm
- Maintain and encourage an open and constructive environment in which to provide technical support and advice.
- Bring pre-existing technical knowledge and experience to the FRA team and contribute to all output areas.
- Provide support and supervision to the more junior team members.
The individual will support the FRA Directors and other members of the technical practice, ultimately reporting to the firm’s technical partner and will be responsible for the following:
- Technical review of a personal portfolio of annual reports of publicly traded and other higher risk companies, working with the audit team to confirm compliance with financial reporting standards, company legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Providing clear and practical solutions to technical financial reporting queries, and act as a consultant for the more junior members of the team
- Preparing and presenting financial reporting training, updates, and seminars both internally and externally
- Helping to develop financial reporting tools and guidance for application by the firm’s partners and staff.
- Writing articles and other publications on financial reporting matters for internal and external communications
- Assisting with the preparation of draft responses to external consultations in relation to legal, regulatory, and financial reporting matters
- Monitoring external developments in financial reporting , reporting back to the team, and developing an appropriate action plan where required
- Supporting and coaching the more junior members of the FRA team
The role would be particularly suited to an individual with experience of working within the technical department of another major firm of accountants, or an experienced auditor who is looking to move into a technical role and is able to demonstrate a strong technical aptitude.
- ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent
- Manager or Senior Manager experience in a technical team or have other relevant experience in technical financial reporting.
- Specific skills in/experience of insurance or asset management would be an advantage.
- Have practical experience of performing technical reviews of annual reports of listed companies.
- Exhibit a strong working knowledge of:
- IFRSs, UK GAAP, and the Companies Act
- the content requirements for the annual report of a company listed on either the Main Market or the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange
- the wider financial reporting environment, including future developments in law, regulation, and emerging areas.