Our client is a complex valuations team of a global advisory firm.
The role involves a range of valuation and advisory engagements relating to financial products and will also include risk related matters such as the modelling of default risk.
You will also assist with the development of valuation models and modelling techniques for financial assets ranging from complex derivatives and structured products to other hard to value instruments that are complex due to illiquidity or a lack of observable market data inputs.
- Understanding of quantitative models across major asset classes.
- Ability to develop models and valuation approaches across multiple asset classes.
- Previous valuation experience or the building and / or validating model libraries obtained from within a leading investment house or buy-side firm.
- Strong attention to detail and able to maintain high levels of accuracy whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Ability to put together clear and concise papers setting out modelling approaches and valuation techniques applied.
- Ensure that the firms risk management and client take-on procedures have appropriately been complied with.
- Provide effective project management of valuation engagements from inception to completion.
- Deliver clear, succinct and robust valuation reports that are fit for purpose and accessible to non-technical readers.
- Manage client expectations and relationships skilfully through timely and appropriate communication.
- Manage junior team members on engagements ensuring they are appropriately briefed and coached.
- Assist in the appraisal and development of junior members of staff including identifying areas for development and collaboratively putting in place plans for addressing skill and knowledge deficits.
- Provide effective intellectual input and challenge to senior members of staff in the completion of projects with conceptual complications.
- Carry out relevant technical research relevant to a specific area of valuations – disseminate key findings to the valuation team.
- Liaise with clients, solicitors and barristers as necessary as a normal part of an engagement.
- Prepare reports for advice to clients or solicitors or for use in legal or regulatory proceedings.
- Be responsible for and ensure excellent client service and delivery on assignments and at stream level.
- Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities and inform the partner and client as appropriate.
- Maintain a network of professional and business contacts.
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events, keep abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggest innovative products and services.
- Support Partner, Directors on ad hoc assignments as needed.
- Valuation experience gained ideally from a major financial institution or another professional services firm.
- Proficiency in a number of valuation techniques
- Strong business writing, analytical and excel modelling skills.
- Strong understanding of basic mathematical and programming concepts and their application to the valuation of financial products.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent academic background with potentially a professional qualification in accountancy or other related financial discipline (e.g. ACA or CFA).
- Ability to understand client models as well as the strengths and deficiencies and drivers of value.