Our client is a global advisory firm with a highly regarded UK wide M&A practice. We are partnering with them to recruit a Commercial Due Diligence /Strategy Director to join their rapidly expanding Healthcare Strategy practice to support the partner in running projects and developing the business. As Director you will take a key role in project delivery, business development, client relationship ownership and practice development.
As Director you will review the healthcare and life sciences deals market for potential targets and subsectors of interest and work closely with the lead partner.
Work closely with the lead partner on all aspects of growing the service line.
• Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities. Drive growth through origination and effective business development.
• Oversee numerous client engagements and deliverables, which includes monitoring progress, quality and client interaction
• Risk and compliance: ensure team are working ethically and leading on Risk
• Assist the Partner in the development of existing and new service stream methodologies. Drive innovation.
• Lead the successful development of client relationships
• Promote knowledge sharing within the team and facilitating research and development within the chosen stream.
• Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events and keeping abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers. Actively bring in other services to client work.
• Support recruitment, retention, development, training and motivation of employees.
• Deliver honest and timely feedback to the team, drive training, learning and development
Business development: track record of origination and selling project work, scoping appropriately, developing and managing client relationships.
Relevant knowledge of market changes and potential impact on clients.
Demonstrable experience in running commercial due diligence in numerous deals, as well as growth strategy projects (preferably in a similar firm / environment): deep experience in managing teams and leveraging stakeholder relationships to deliver superior results, ability to find innovative solutions to complex issues
- Healthcare and Life Sciences sector experience: deals and growth strategy experience within the sector. May also have either relevant postgraduate qualification or a relevant previous career in the sector
- Risk and compliance: knowledge of ethics and independence, regulation and how to work effectively within guidelines and to mitigate risk
- Management: ability to develop and inspire junior team, knowledge / credential development and contribute more widely to running the team and to the firm.
- Experience in recruitment, learning and development and ability to effectively grow and mentor a team