CK Search Global have partnered with our big 4 client to help hire a data analytics senior manager for their audit team in London.
As a senior manager, you will be managing engagements and will be responsible for designing and developing ways to automate and reimagine audits, coaching teams and having a leadership role in the group.
You would lead teams which develop audit solutions by implementing innovative technologies, such as Alteryx, SQL. Python, R, Power BI, PowerApps, Process Intelligence.
You will build a strong understanding for the role data and analytics plays in the modern day audit and review and quality control of the outputs.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
· Day to day coaching of junior staff members to help them progress
· Partner leave conversations, leading a team and having broader oversight
· Owning and delivering client engagements
· Data management, including data extraction and data cleansing processes;
· Analytics and reporting, including visualisation of data to help organisations manage business risk establish the right controls, processes and structures to ensure that information can be trusted and improve decision-making;
· Advanced analytics, where they use data science techniques to help their clients navigate future risks and opportunities through predictive and prescriptive analytics.
· Strong market credentials in data & analytics working with large organisations and an ability to demonstrate knowledge and insight in data management, data cleansing and data analytics within the audit process;
· Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills, including communication with senior stakeholders of a non-data background (being able to communicate technical issues in simple business terms) and excellent reporting writing skills;
· Solid experience in managing projects, including developing project plans, budgets and deliverables schedules;
· Experience of managing people both in terms of managing delivery teams and providing coaching to individuals;
· Experience of the full engagement delivery lifecycle including risk and stakeholder management;
· Strong leadership skills and experience
· Proven analytical and problem solving capabilities on complex engagements; and
· Potential and ambition to develop a long -term career within the firm.
· Basic finance process knowledge (Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay, Financial Services etc) and how ERPs manage and structure the data;
· Audit experience, and experience of applying data analytics within the external audit process; and
· Use of technology in data & analytics including for use in providing managed services
Knowledge and experience of at least three of the following:
· Data extraction from financial accounting systems;
· Data clearing techniques and tools
· A vision of how data analytics are going to be applied and development in the external audit practice
· Understanding of key accounting principles and process cycles including revenue to receivables, purchase to cash
· Data analytic technology such as Alteryx, SQL, Python, R,
· SQL (preferably SQL Server) and data manipulation; and
· Machine learning techniques
· Use of visualisation technologies such as Power BI and Tableau
· Minimum of a Bachelor degree or demonstrable experience working with Data
· At least 8 years’ experience working in data analytics or data related environments; and
· A technical background in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Accounting or similar is desirable