Audit Quality is central to our tier 1 audit client’s strategy, the key ingredient to their success. Consistent high audit quality enables them to attract, develop and retain talented people and be proud of their work.
Audit quality allows them to compete in the market and demonstrate that they can play a key role in market reform.
Consistently high audit quality does not happen by chance. It requires a mindset and culture of challenge and professional scepticism, appropriate resources both people and intellectual, investment in central support for engagement teams and technology solutions.
Within the last year our client has increased their headcount significantly, invested in new partners, and commenced a significant investment programme in their audit quality directorate.
This is an opportunity for talented, high performing Director to join their audit advisory team in the audit quality directorate in an exciting period and help to shape the role and lead the expanding team.
You will report into the head of the technical practice and work closely with the audit advisory methodology partner and audit advisory directors.
• Working with key managers, senior managers, other directors and partners within both technical practice and the public sector audit stream to maintain an open and constructive environment in which to provide technical support and advice.
• Carry out a role within the technical practice with a view to bringing technical expertise to the PSA business and bringing experience from the PSA business to the technical practice
• Bringing pre-existing PSA knowledge and audit experience to bear on technical matters arising is essential
You’ll be someone with:
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of several teams and able to use own initiative
• Ability to think innovatively, using existing methodology and best practice to independently develop methodology
• Wide-ranging practical experience auditing PSA entities, ideally including digital and controls-based strategies regarding application of ISAs (UK) and audit methodology. This experience may be through a previous audit or technology risk role.
• ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification
• Considers themselves an expert with regards to the UK auditing standards
Our client offers a highly competitive six figure base salary + cash allowance + fantastic culture and personal development along with a wide range of benefits, both core and flexible.