We are seeking to recruit a senior manager to join our clients highly acclaimed Technical Practice, in a role within its internal-facing Financial Reporting Advisory technical team (FRA). Working in a growing team, you will undertake work in all areas of technical financial reporting, primarily supporting the audit stream.
The role would be particularly suited to an individual with experience of working within the technical department of another major firm of accountants, or an experienced auditor who is looking to move into a technical role and is able to demonstrate a strong technical aptitude.
This role can be based out of London, Manchester or Birmingham.
-Work with Managers, Directors and Partners within both technical and the audit stream and across the wider firm
-Maintain and encourage an open and constructive environment in which to provide technical support and advice
-Bring pre-existing technical knowledge and experience to the FRA team and contribute to all output areas
-Provide support and supervision to the more junior team members
- The individual will support the FRA Directors and other members of the technical practice, ultimately reporting to the Firm’s technical partner and will be responsible for the following:
- Technical review of a personal portfolio of annual reports of publicly traded and other higher risk companies, working with the audit team to confirm compliance with financial reporting standards, company legislation and regulatory requirements
- Providing clear and practical solutions to technical financial reporting queries, and act as a consultant for the more junior members of the team
- Preparing and presenting financial reporting training, updates and seminars both internally and externally
- Helping to develop financial reporting tools and guidance for application by the firm’s partners and staff
- Writing articles and other publications on financial reporting matters for internal and external communications
- Assisting with the preparation of draft responses to external consultations in relation to legal, regulatory and financial reporting matters
- Monitoring external developments in financial reporting areas, reporting back to the team and developing an appropriate action plan where required
- Supporting and coaching the more junior members of the FRA team
Required skills and expertise
The right candidate for this role will:
-Be ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent
-Be a Manager or Senior Manager in a technical team or have other relevant experience in technical financial reporting
-Have practical experience of performing technical reviews of annual reports of listed companies
-Exhibit a strong working knowledge of:
- IFRSs, UK GAAP, and the Companies Act
- the content requirements for the annual report of a company listed on either the Main Market or the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange
- the wider financial reporting environment, including future developments in law, regulation and emerging areas
-Have a proven ability to apply technical knowledge to complex financial reporting issues and provide practical and supportable solutions
-Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with an ability to create productive relationships across the firm and network and to influence other senior professionals
-Be willing to work as part of a close-knit team and as a self-directed individual
-Be highly motivated and proactive, with a desire to innovate and seek new ways of improving our service to internal customers
Most of the FRA team are based in London or Manchester, but other office locations would be considered. FRA team members are occasionally required to visit other offices to provide training and local liaison.
Our client believes that when their people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, they also provide the following benefits, as standard:
-25 days’ holiday;
-access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
-life assurance cover;
-and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. They understand that everyone is different so, they offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Their flexible benefits platform means their people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. You can:
buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
enrol in their Bike to Work scheme;
enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
access childcare vouchers;
take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.