This role is a full time permanent position that works on a part time basis of 9 months over the peak seasons.
Our client is looking for a Senior Manager to work within its Audit Quality Practice,
dedicated to providing practical support to help audit teams consistently deliver high quality audits.
The individual will help teams deliver high quality audits by performing targeted reviews on their public interest entities (PIEs), providing coaching and support to address areas identified for improvement.
- Perform ‘live’ reviews of audits at every stage from planning through to completion and reporting, identifying ways to improve audit quality
- Determine areas of focus for reviews, liaising with the Elite Squad Director to agree approach
- Proactively discuss audit quality matters with teams and help develop strategies to deliver high audit quality audits
- Challenge the execution of audit procedures and documentation of audit work performed
- Support and coach teams to implement identified improvements in audit quality
- Identify issues and matters where firm-wide action may be required, in conjunction with the Director of the Elite Squad
- Contribute to the development of training and guidance on performing high quality audits
- Provide clear and practical solutions to ad hoc audit quality queries
- Excellent practical and technical auditing experience particularly on more complex audits
- Good working knowledge of IFRS
- Ability and willingness to assertively challenge and influence more senior individuals and peers
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively to identify ways to improve audit quality
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience of performing audit quality reviews (pre or post audit opinion)
- An ability and desire to work with a client base across a broad range of sectors
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to create productive relationships across the firm and network and to influence other senior professionals
- Highly motivated and passionate about audit quality with a desire to seek new ways to drive improvements
- A willingness to work flexibly both as part of a close-knit team and as a self-directed individual
Please email email@example.com in strict confidence with brief details about yourself, your CV and why you feel you are suitable for this role.