Our client is seeking to recruit a Senior Manager to join their technical practice to work within their Audit Advisory Team. The successful candidate will run both the technical and training aspects of the lateral hire induction programme for all levels and sources of individuals.
The individual will report to the Director of Qualified Training, seeking input from others in the Technical Practice and the National Audit Training Hub to ensure that both technical and operational best practice is taken into account in the design and delivery of the training, as well as liaising with the Director of Early-in-Career training in respect of part-qualified hires.
In order to ensure that any new employee feels part of the firm from day one and can become an effective member of the team as quickly as possible, it is vital that they are provided with a comprehensive induction to the firm. There is a considerable investment in any new hire, be they a new individual to support growth or a replacement for a former member of the team. They therefore need to make sure that the initial training they receive is of the highest possible quality and that it is responsive to the latest developments within the firm and externally. The source of new talent is also widening, through permanent UK hires, hires into the firm’s various off-shoring partnerships, or the use of subcontractors leading to a significant increase in populations to be trained and a need to consider alternatives to traditional classroom training.
- Ensure that all potential sources of new hires are identified and kept under review so that appropriate induction programmes can be created as required
- Ensure that specific needs of new hires are identified depending on role – this would include liaison with sectors for specialist training as well as consideration of the appropriate programmes for part qualified hires
- Annual review of the lateral hire training suite of programmes to ensure that it is in line with best practice
- Continual update of the training programme to take into account the latest technical updates and regulatory findings that the firm needs to respond to
- Continual review of the programme in order to identify additional needs e.g. those returning from parental leave or long-term leave
- Liaison with Human Resources and the National Audit Operations team to ensure a seamless fit of the technical lateral hire programme with the firm’s general induction programme and any other audit specific aspects
- Seek feedback and input from the National Audit Training Hub in order to ensure that the programme meets the Audit Stream’s needs
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively, bringing new ideas to the lateral hire training process
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small team and able to use own initiative
- Experience of training design, development and delivery
- High attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work
- Ability and willingness to challenge existing practices and influence more senior individuals and peers
Please email email@example.com in strict confidence with brief details about yourself, your CV and why you feel you are suitable for this role.