Our global client will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast paced business alongside a team which has grown significantly over the last 4 years and continues to grow in terms of size, revenue and areas of work.
The team provides model risk advisory services and financial instrument valuation to the firm’s clients as well as valuation services internally.
The team engages in model design, implementation, testing, documentation, validation and review activities to global financial institutions utilising the firm’s global models platform.
The team also values instruments from liquidly traded shares and bonds through to complex derivatives along with the related valuation adjustments.
We have an excellent opportunity for a pricing model quant with front office or model validationto join our clients’ financial instruments valuation and advisory team at senior managerial level.
The team are led by a dynamic partner and two directors and are hugely supported by the firm and the global valuations practice.
About the role
You will be working as a senior manager within the London based team working with their existing team of modelling and pricing specialists as well as our offshore delivery centre.
Key responsibilities will include
- Working with their top tier banking clients to deliver large model risk engagements supported by our global platform.
- Providing expert assistance for the team’s testing of clients’ financial instrument valuations, across a wide range of instrument types and product classes, including valuation adjustments.
- Building and/or reviewing internal pricing models for exotic instruments in our library, or other platforms and help the team with on-boarding third party provided models.
- Providing expert assistance to the teams software developers on an existing codebase (Python)
- Leading in areas of business development, practice development and strategy – due to the high growth nature of the business this will be a key component of the role.
On model risk engagements at clients you will take a lead in the below
- Assisting clients across the entire model lifecycle (design, implementation, testing, documentation, validation and review)
- Examining conceptual soundness; reviewing and challenging underlying assumptions, theory, data and limitations of the models.
- Writing detailed, structured and clear model documentation for 1st and 2nd line client projects.
- Performing assessment of model governance, validation policies and control processes and advising best practice approaches.
Essential skills and experience
- A BA, MA, PhD in engineering, physics, maths, quantitative finance or an allied field preferred,
- A deep understanding of derivative pricing including the related XVA’s
- Strong rates asset class experience and related knowledge of the Libor Transition
- Theoretical understanding and hands on experience in developing mathematical models
- Good understanding of model governance including development and validation documentation requirements
- Working knowledge of C++ and Python
- Familiarity with source control, ideally GIT
- Strong people management and client relationship skills.
- Creativity and problem-solving skills in individual, team and collaborative consultant-client settings.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail but tempered with an ability to think laterally.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present complex issues in a clear and articulate way to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to multi-task across multiple assignments, prioritise workloads and work under time pressure.