As experts on a wide number of issues, this industry leading technical practice provides support to their client-facing specialists in audit/assurance and other business streams.
From being on-hand to help with complex enquiries, to implementing and advising on policy and processes, they are the people tasked with finding solutions to some of their teams’ most complex technical issues.
As part of this supportive and knowledgeable team, you’ll have a chance to use and develop your technical skills and experience, find solutions to technical queries and contribute daily to the firm’s commitment to deliver high quality output.
We are helping them hire a highly technical senior manager to join the regulator team. The suitable individual will spend time working with audit teams as soon as they are selected for review to get into the detail of the file and help advise on responding to informal verbal queries as the review progresses.
This will develop to helping draft responses to formal written queries, context documents noting audit approach and specific actions to address the points raised.
Other aspects to the role will include:
- Assisting with regulator communications to the audit teams including both verbal on calls or written in newsletters
- Collating examples of issues and good practice to share with the audit stream
- Taking part in root cause analysis investigations to help identify issues arising
- Undertaking ad hoc projects on behalf of audit advisory in the creation and development of audit guidance.
- Participation from time to time in in other TSG activities
You will have an excellent understanding of auditing theory and practice and be able to challenge and advise teams on audit approach and discuss the most appropriate responses to questions posed by the regulator.
You will ideally have had audit experience to senior manager level on listed or other public interest entities.
The individual will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing. This will include being able to converse with individuals of all levels both internal to the firm and members of the regulator.
- As this role will involve training and coaching peers and will involve reviews of audit files for quality control and testing purposes, experience as audit manager is essential
- Wide-ranging practical experience regarding application of ISAs and audit methodology is essential; experience in IT auditing techniques would be an added advantage
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small team and able to use own initiative
- High attention to detail
- Experience of training design, development and delivery
- Strong problem solving skills
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work
When you join them, they will make your growth their priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, they can help you go far. They are looking for someone with:
The successful candidate will have proven audit experience as well as an ability to communicate with partners and staff at all levels.
Qualifications and technical knowledge
- ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification
- Considers themselves an expert with regards to the UK auditing standards
- An awareness of the regulatory requirements in Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man or Ireland is useful but not essential.
Please email email@example.com in strict confidence with brief details about yourself, your CV and why you feel you are suitable for this role.